DIY- Our At Home Hammam Experience
Traditional Moroccan hammam treatments include amazing products, such as Moroccan clay, known for its detoxifying properties, have become a staple on spa menus all over the world. This mineral-rich clay is a crucial part of the three-step bathing ritual deployed in the hammams of Morocco.
Travelling to Morocco to sample this blissful bathing ritual may not be an option.
But the great news, with One Earth Spa Products, you can be recreate the hammam ritual in your own home.
What are the benefits of the hammam treatment:
Balance Moroccan clay, which has been mined in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco and used for more than fourteen centuries, is known for its unrivalled abilities to absorb impurities from the skin.
Our Moroccan clay contains the highest amount of silica, magnesium, potassium and calcium than any other clay, and is also fast absorbing. It cleanses deep, clearing pores and tightening skin.
Used regularly, Moroccan clay can improve skin tone, texture, elasticity, and clarity while eliminating dryness and flakiness.
Our Black soap is a natural vegetable paste, naturally high in vitamin E, which is made from a mixture of oil and crushed olives soaked in salt and potash.
Suitable for all skin types, black soap with its butter-like texture penetrates deep into the skin and purifies it by removing dirt and dead skin, leaving the skin radiant and beautiful. It also makes skin soft and silky smooth in preparation for exfoliation with a Kessa glove.
Our Argan oil is renowned for its skin healing benefits and for leaving hair shiny and glossy. It is rich in naturally occurring antioxidant vitamin E which has a key role in skin regeneration and essential fatty acids, which play a prime role in cell rejuvenation and helps to prevent loss of moisture from the skin.
The three-step ritual starts with applying the black soap on wet skin to soften the skin ready for exfoliation. This is then followed by the Moroccan clay which can be applied to face, body and hair as a mask. Then finish off by massaging argan oil into your skin on face and body.
Before you start, mix enough clay with warm water to make a smooth paste. TIP: make sure you mix the right amount to cover your whole body.
- After 15 minutes in a hot bath or hot shower, apply black soap on a warm and wet body. Avoid the face and eyes. Our black soap does not foam but becomes creamy when you add water.
- Leave on for up to 10 minutes then rinse with warm water. Your skin is now softer and easier to exfoliate.
- Use your Kessa glove to warm, damp skin (not wet skin) and vigorously scrub your skin in circular motions. Do not worry if you see dark particles appear: it is simply dry dead skin coming off your body.
- Wash off all dead skin.
- Apply our Moroccan clay to skin or hair as a soap, skin conditioner, shampoo, or face and body mask.
- For your Moroccan Clay mask, leave on for 8-10 minutes for dry skin, 10-15 minutes for normal skin, and 15-20 minutes for oily skin.
- Rinse in tepid water. Use a washcloth or other gentle cleansing pad to remove any pore impurities that have been brought to the surface.
- Apply argan oil to your face and body and massage to rehydrate the skin.
Shop Now! We ship worldwide